Alzheimer’s care for your loved one at home
When caring for someone with dementia, a person-centered approach is necessary, tailored specifically to their needs and abilities. With dementia, patients may experience memory loss that affects their food consumption, self-care, medication compliance, and overall behavior.
Dementia patients’ needs change over time as the disease progresses through its stages. Our Certified Dementia Professionals can assist you if your loved one has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia. A complete range of support is available for you and your loved one.
We take the extra step by offering holistic therapeutic treatments such as music therapy, aromatherapy, yoga, meditation, validation therapy, pet therapy, and clinical evaluations.
Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care Includes:
- Memory Care
- Letter Writing
- Cognitive Exercises
- Appointment Scheduling
- Reading Aloud
- Engaging Conversation
- Personal Grooming
- Meal Preparation
- Non-pharmaceutical Intervention
- Bheavior Reinforcements
- Comprehensive Care Plans
- Social Activities
- Assistance with Daily Tasks
- Bill Paying
Certified Dementia Care Professionals:
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementias.
- Provide patient-centered dementia care.
- Connect with patients, family members, and providers to create customized dementia care plans.
- Help to minimize falls with high attention given to safety.
- Address combative behavior.
- Putting parameters in place that will reduce the risk of the patient wandering off.
- Aid with meal prep, grooming, monitoring pain, transferring and daily activities.
- Offer family support.
- Provide and have access to community resources.
- Aim to improve overall quality of life.